20090430

DUMP CAKE - Easy Dessert Cake - Cobbler

I have no idea where this recipe came from, all I know is that almost every body who cooks has a version of this in their recipe box. It's one of the easiest cobbler style desserts I've ever tried - you simply "dump" a can of pie filling in a greased cake pan, then "dump" a box of DRY cake mix on top of that then drizzle melted butter over the whole kit-n-kaboodle and bake.

Honestly, the first time I ever saw one of these made (Robyn S. it was at your house over 25 years ago!) I though, "OMG, it's going to taste awful!" Boy, was I wrong. It was one of the richest desserts I had ever had up to that point and it was delicious. It really is a twist on a cobbler recipe, not really a cake but I guess "dump cobbler" sounded too much like a break up with a shoe repair guy, lol.

In order to make it a "tiny food" I simply do the recipe in individual baking dishes and bake for a shorter period, usually closer to 30 minutes, but test them after 15 minutes and then every 5. You can also simply dish individual servings up in some fun stemmed glassware or for an appetizer party drop a small mouthful on some decorative spoons, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a mint leaf or some other fun garnish.

Anyway, it's not gourmet or classic cooking but it really is scrumptious and actually easier than making a cake from a mix! Try it out, top it off with a great vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream (sorry, I cannot stand those fake whipped creams) and enjoy!

BTW, The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday and I'm posting the Kentucky Derby Martini tomorrow in it's honor at The Martini Diva.

---------------------
If you have a Tiny Food question, please feel free to ask me in a comment and I'll respond back here in the comments section or in a new post!

My Favorite Tiny Food Recipes at PopArtDiva.Com
All my recipes for food and drink at the PopArtDiva Bistro
Buy Great Products at The DIVA of TINY FOODS Shoppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.