20090428

CHOCOLATE TRIFLE CRUNCH - Sweet Snacks in Bite Sizes

I've been suffering from "sweet tooth" for the last few days and got on a dessert cooking binge. I went back to a few of my favorite tried and true recipes that I haven't done in a while - in fact, I haven't done this Chocolate Trifle recipe as long as I've had this blog. It was time to indulge myself again and the best part is this is a pretty easy recipe.

Traditional English Trifle involves true classic custard, lady fingers or sponge cake, whipped cream or and fresh fruit or fruit jams and, if a liqueur is used, sherry. This Chocolate Trifle Crunch is an Americanized version that uses chocolate cake, Kahlua, chocolate pudding and whipped cream with the crunch coming from Heath Bar bits.

The classic English Trifle is traditionally served in a large glass bowl so the layers are visible and for a regular sized dessert you can do the same with this Chocolate Trifle - however, to turn it into a "tiny food" simply spoon the layers into a martini glass or any clear glass that is wide enough to get a spoon into or an individual baking dish! I even done one layer of each in a Chinese soup spoon for a cocktail party once - Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.