Thanks to a gift of a bag full of assorted pears, here is my recipe for
PEAR and BLUE CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
1 Small Baguette, sliced 1/3" thick
1/2 C. Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 Firm, Ripe Pear of your Choice
*Optional: Toasted Pecans
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toast your pecans in a skillet until lightly browned, set aside.
- Lightly toast your baguette slices, don't toast until hard!
- Slice your pear lengthwise into 1/8" thickness while your baguette slices are toasting and
- Saute the pear slices in some butter until nicely caramelized. (Keep an eye on those toasting baguette slices!)
- Spread the blue cheese on the toasted baguettes, top each with a warm slice of pear and top off with your toasted pecans*
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
I served this up with my Pear Champagne Martini (recipe at The Martini Diva Blog) which I made with my homemade Pear Sorbet!
I loved these so much that every time I get pears now I always buy extra so I can have bruschetta!
Friend me on Facebook