20130705

PEAR and BLUE CHEESE BRUSCHETTA


Thanks to a gift of a bag full of assorted pears, here is my recipe for

PEAR and BLUE CHEESE BRUSCHETTA

Ingredients:

1 Small Baguette, sliced 1/3" thick
1/2 C. Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 Firm, Ripe Pear of your Choice
Honey
Butter
*Optional:  Toasted Pecans

Directions:
  • Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
  • Toast your pecans in a skillet until lightly browned, set aside.
  • Lightly toast your baguette slices, don't toast until hard!
  • Slice your pear lengthwise into 1/8" thickness while your baguette slices are toasting and
  • Saute the pear slices in some butter until nicely caramelized. (Keep an eye on those toasting baguette slices!)
  • Spread the blue cheese on the toasted baguettes, top each with a warm slice of pear and top off with your toasted pecans*
  • Drizzle with honey and serve. 
 I served this up with my Pear Champagne Martini (recipe at The Martini Diva Blog) which I made with my homemade Pear Sorbet!

I loved these so much that every time I get pears now I always buy extra so I can have bruschetta!
 
Buon Appetito


Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.