- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your cookie sheet(s) or line them with parchment. (I prefer parchment as it keeps the cookie bottom from getting too brown).
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour a little at a time, blending completely.
- Shape the dough into 1" diameter balls.
- Place the balls about 3" apart on your cookie sheet(s).
- Press your thumb into each cookie ball for a well for the jelly/jam.
- Beat the reserved egg white until foamy and brush on top of the cookies.
- Spoon in the jam or jelly.
- Sprinkle on the optional chopped nuts.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes.
Enjoy and send a little "hello" up to my Mom while you enjoy them - I think she would like that!
Friend me on Facebook