Nachos are the snack food of the Gods. They are tiny little meals packed with flavor and memories of vacations to foreign lands!
This nacho recipe contains all the food groups and is so healthy you'll soon be able to serve them in that itsy, bitsy, teeny weeny polka dot bikini you have hiding in your closet!
With the wonderful salsa of mango, pineapple and cilantro that compliments the chicken so well you'll be asked to serve them at all your parties.
Pair this with one of these Tropical Martinis from The Martini Divaand treat your guests to a gastronomic visit to the Islands! Be sure to get some of those little paper umbrellas to enhance the mood!
Welcome to the Islands, mon! Here's the text recipe:
Taste of the Islands Nachos
1 (16 ounce) package tortilla chips
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
1 small can of cubed pineapple
1/2 cup cubed Mango
8 thick slices bacon
3/4 cup thick jerk marinade
1 pound cooked chicken, cubed
1/2 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 pound shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Layer the chips on a cookie sheet or an oven safe serving dish.
3. Scatter the red pepper, orange pepper, onion, avocado, and pineapple on top of the chips.
4. Cook bacon until crisp; drain on a plate lined with paper towels
5. Chop the bacon and sprinkle over the nachos.
6. Pour the jerk marinade into a saucepan over medium heat
7. Add the chicken and stir to coat and the chicken is warm.
8. Scatter the chicken over the nachos; top with cheeses and cilantro.
5. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.