20080210

Crab Stuffed Pepperoncini - Poppers with a twist

This is a great recipe I found for a popper that is a tad bit healthier than all those deep fried jalapeno poppers.

I'm one of those people who has to be very careful with hot peppers - the more powerful ones can actually blister my mouth! (Though smoked peppers don't seem to have that effect on me.)

I'm quite fond of pickled foods - I get that from my dad, and I love pepperoncini so this recipe caught my eye. Here's the text recipe:

Ingredients:
36 Pepperoncini
1 Pound of Cream Cheese
8 Ounces of Shredded Crab Meat
1 Tsp. Dried Thyme Leaves
1 Tsp. Fresh Cilantro
1 Tsp. Garlic Salt

Directions:
Cut the stem off the pepperoncini, scrape out the seeds and set aside. Combine the cream cheese, thyme leaves, cilantro and garlic salt. Gently mix in the crab meat. Place the mixture in a pastry bag (or a plastic bag with a small hole in one bottom corner) and pipe into the peppers. Dip the cream cheese end in the chopped cilantro for decoration.

Try these with some of my designer martinis from The Martini Diva and pat yourself on the back for enjoying a popper version that isn't deep fried!

BTW - Happy Valentine's Day and check out my great Valentine Martini, The Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Martini for your romantic dinner tryst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.