20080103

QUICK CRAB BITES - CRAB SALAD APPETIZERS

 

True to my nature I had appetizers for New Years Day. I got some great crab on sale for $6.99 a pound and I lazed around on the first day of the year, dipping my warm crab in hot butter and feeling decadent, fat and purring over my choice of meal.

I ate the entire crab population of the Eastern seaboard - well, I felt like I had! What I didn't eat, because it was too small to dip in the butter, were the little pieces you get when you crack crab. Though this crab was sweet and succulent the shell was hard as a Rhino and I had a bit of a problem removing my morsels of seafood. But, I am not one to waste anything - let alone crab!

So yesterday I took those smaller pieces and made a crab salad, then spooned it onto some little "buns" I had made with puff pastry. Pepperidge Farm makes a nice puff pastry and you can find it in the freezer section of your local market. I was not into fancy so I stacked several layers, cut them in squares and baked them according to instructions. Bingo - little puff pastry buns! Then I split them open and spooned my crab salad inside!
Here's my own, personal CRAB SALAD RECIPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.