20080109

Champagne Sauce - For your next Champagne and Caviar affair!

I've an open bottle of champagne sitting on my counter for the past 8 days that was left over from New Year's. Since I never drink champers that's been opened more than a few hours, I planned to use it in a marinade or something.

Tonight I got inspired and decided to create a champagne sauce to use as a party dip. Surprisingly, when I poured the champagne into the measuring cup there was still a considerable amount of effervescence - after 8 days! Maybe I shall have to reassess my rule of not drinking champagne that's been open too long, lol.

Luckily I was cooking some chicken for salad so I had fresh chicken stock to use, I had almost exactly a cup of cream left and, of course, the champagne was the initial ingredient. I was set to create a nice sauce using leftovers!

And with that said, here's the recipe for my Champagne Sauce/Dip:

3 tablespoon Butter
3 tablespoon Flour
1 cup Chicken stock
1 cup Heavy cream
1 cup Champagne
1/2 - 1 Tsp. dried Tarragon (I grow my own and dry it for the winter months)

Melt the butter, mix in the flour to create a roue. On a medium heat, slowly add the cream, then the stock and then the champagne.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and slowly reduce the sauce/dip until it reaches a nice thick consistancy - usually when the sauce "coats" the spoon.

BTW, I was too lazy to actually make the chicken salad after a hard day of work so I poured a bit of the sauce over the warm chicken and gobbled down a quick, but elegant little serving for my dinner! Yum, this sauce is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.