20080129

Bacon Wrapped Barbeque Shrimp - Rumaki Appetizer

I love rumaki. Probably because I love bacon and essentially that's what rumaki is - a tidbit wrapped in nice crisp, smoky bacon.

This recipe is a twist on a basic rumaki recipe where the bacon is wrapped around shrimp. It's simple and tasty as the dickens.

You can opt to grill these instead of baking them in the oven - it's up to you. Also, you can wrap the bacon around water chestnuts and other goodies for some variety. The classic rumaki is bacon wrapped chicken liver - but I'm not going there!

I like to serve these with my What A Peach Martinis from The Martini Diva. The peach goes nicely with the shrimp and bacon and complements the smoky essence of the barbeque sauce as well. The combination of the martinis and these appetizers brings a little taste of sunshine and summer to come into the cold of winter. Put on your sunglasses and get out the sunscreen!

For more appetizer recipes visit my Appetizers Page at PopArtDiva.com.

TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE CARDS: Mini Size: Right Click image and "Save As" Full Size: Left Click image and then Right Click to "Save As"

3 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite things..
    bacon and shrimp.. yumm!
    Oh, I wanted to say that your recipe cards look really cool girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware that "Rumaki" meant "bacon wrapped". I have seen "Bacon Wrapped Shrimp" on menus that was nearly identical to this.
    Try marianating chicken livers (or shrimp), water chestnuts and bacon in a marinate of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, cloves and ginger overnight, then cooking.
    If you marinate it overnight you will not even realize you are eating liver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - but I like liver! And I rarely make anything to eat that I have to disguise, lol. But that is a good tip if you need iron and have to eat liver!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.