20090728

Curried Coconut Catfish - Happy Accidents = Great Food

I had opened a can of coconut milk to make a martini and wanted to use it up before I forgot about it sitting in my fridge. I also had some catfish fillets I'd taken out of the freezer for dinner. Ordinarily the idea of fish and coconut milk wouldn't thrill me but I had also just bought a whole new jar of curry powder and it started me down the road to Thai flavors.

This recipe is the result and it was absolutely delicious when I finished. The fish was flaky, flavorful and moist and I loved the coconut and curry flavors with just that little bit of sweetness added. I didn't have any lemon grass but the lime brought in the citrus element and, frankly, wasn't as bossy as lemon grass can be!

This goes great with coconut rice, here's a simple recipe:

1 Cup Basmati or Jasmine Rice
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1-1/4 Cups Water
1/2 Tsp. Salt
Small Pat of Butter
Directions for coconut rice: Rinse your rice and drain. Bring all the ingredients to a boil, stir, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 10 minutes - check the cooking instructions on the rice package for appropriate cooking times. Fluff up before serving.
You can toss in some toasted coconut, some pineapple chunks, some crunchy pine-nuts, sliced green onions or anything else that complements your main dish!

Try it out with one of my coconut martinis from The Martini Diva - like the Pina Colada Martini or The Blue Hawaii Martini, or search for my other coconut martinis using the search bar on that sight. BTW, you can also search for recipes here using my search bar too.

-------------------

If you have a Tiny Food question, please feel free to ask me in a comment and I'll respond back here in the comments section or in a new post!

My Favorite Tiny Food Recipes at PopArtDiva.Com
All my recipes for food and drink at the PopArtDiva Bistro
Buy Great Products at The DIVA of TINY FOODS Shoppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.