20081107

TACO SALAD becomes Mini Nacho Bowls Finger Food

This is a recipe for THE BEST TACO SALAD I've ever tasted - period! This recipe spoiled me to a point I can't order taco salad anywhere now. My friend, John Evans, introduced me to it about 20 years ago and it was his regular Saturday night dish during an art show when a group of us were at the same show. Don't mess with this recipe if you can avoid it - every element is part of the whole and without each element exactly as it is this will not taste the same, trust me I've tried! John does have a vegetarian version where he substitutes a mixture of beans for the meats, but I have to tell you that without the Italian Sausage this dish looses most of it's unique and savory taste. Oh, and be sure to give a slice of that Vermont white cheddar to any dog in the house, John swears it's part of the recipe!

This recipe is for serving it up as an entree, but here's what I do when I want to serve it as an appetizer: I simply follow the recipe exactly but instead of crumbling the tortilla chips into the salad in a big bowl I buy those tortilla scoops and spoon the salad into them! I do toss a small handfull of extra shredded cheese on the top before serving. That's it, plain and simple!

Swing by The Martini Diva for one of my tequila martinis to go with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.