20081114

EDIBLE TUNA CASSEROLE - Yes, I said Edible!

Though certainly not anything a gourmet chef would serve up, this Tuna Casserole is a wonderful recipe for comfort food. One of the things I hated about a typical tuna casserole was the peas and this one has no peas, instead it uses broccoli.

The Miracle Whip is a must - mayonnaise is not a good substitute because this recipe really sings with the added sweetness of the Miracle Whip. The bell pepper and herbs and spices in the recipe take this normally mundane entree into the edible catagory!

If you want to turn this into a "tiny food" or finger food just bake it up then spoon the hot mixture into some of those little bread shells. AND you can use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey instead of the tuna so I've given you another recipe for turkey leftovers!

If you have a Tiny Food question, please feel free to ask me in a comment and I'll respond back here in the comments section or in a new post!
-----------------------------
HATE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING?
A few simple clicks and your Christmas Presents are on their way!
The PopArtDiva Boutique Holiday Department
has great gifts, apparel and home decor for the holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Your tuna casserole looks great... but this is a compliment from someone who specialized in inedible tuna casseroles.
    Once I had guests over for lunch (many years ago) and, as a young homemaker, wanted to wow them with my super duper tuna treat. So I added all my secret ingredients, put it in the oven, and, as they waited patiently around the table, pulled out my casserole. It was then that I realized I'd forgotten to add the tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you left out the tuna. . . some people would think that was an improvement, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.