20081123

DRIED CHERRY SAUCE - A Great Cranberry Substitute!

Like I've said all month, I am avoiding posting recipes for Thanksgiving dinner and turkey leftovers this month BUT. . .

. . . .if you are like me and don't really like cranberries a lot, this Dried Cherry Sauce is a wonderful substitute for those cranberry relishes and canned cranberry jellies that we always see plopped down on the holiday table.

The reason I don't consider this a Thanksgiving recipe is because I use it all year long on pork, duck, chicken and even on a great recipe I have for crostini, which turns it into a Tiny Food (today's bonus recipe below!)

Cherry Prosciutto Crostini
On baguette, sliced into 1/2" pieces
Dried Cherry Sauce (recipe above)
8 oz. Cream Cheese
Prosciutto Ham, sliced thin
Melted Garlic Butter
Salt to Taste

Brush your baguette slices with the melted garlic butter and salt to taste (remember the prosciutto will be salty so use a light touch!). Toast the baguette slices until nicely browned and crispy. Spread a nice layer of cream cheese on the warm baguette, layer on a few slices of the prosciutto and top off with a nice dollop of the dried cherry sauce and enjoy! Goes great with your favorite martini from The Martini Diva.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!
Remember, I'm moving this week back to California but I'll be back after December 1st , so get ready for my Christmas Tiny Food recipes!

and speaking of Christmas - it's is just around the corner and
The PopArtDiva Boutique Holiday Department
has great gifts, apparel and home decor for the holiday season.
Just one click and your gift is chosen, packed and shipped with a gift card!


If you have a Tiny Food question, please feel free to ask me in a comment and I'll respond back here in the comments section or in a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.