20081119

BREAD PUDDING with a LIQUOR SAUCE

Bread pudding is one of my favorite comfort food desserts. It's a classic recipe that's been around for centuries because it's easy, delicious and satisfying. This is a perfect recipe for chilly nights and a winter dinner party.

The sauce is based on a traditional whiskey/bourbon sauce that is often served with Bread Pudding, but I have also used rum, Framboise (a raspberry liquor), and other flavored alcohol. The rum is particularly good when you add raisins to the bread pudding, and I like the raspberry liquor if I can get fresh raspberries to sprinkle around the plated dish.

The sauce can be a bit tricky - blending in those eggs into the warm base is a tempering trick that is one of the more difficult cooking techniques so here are a couple of links with some tips: Temper, Temper, Tempering Eggs into a hot sauce.

Now, just to let you know, if those links don't help and you get some scrambled egg in your sauce - shhh! don't tell anyone I said this! - just strain the sauce before serving! Honestly, it still tastes great and only you will know!

Yes, I have even figured out how to serve this up as a Tiny Food! Just cut the bread pudding into cubes, warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or toast them in the oven for about 12 minutes at 350, put some appetizer picks in them, warm up the sauce and serve it on the side for dipping!

Follow Me On Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.