20080615

VEGEMITE!? FOR ALL MY AUSSIE FRIENDS!

One of my gal pals from the Baby Boomer Divas, Deb Stevens, editor of Global Music Star has kindly sent me a link to some recipes where you can use Vegemite!

In case you are a Yank, like me, and you don't know what that is - think peanut butter but with a vegetable base! It's a savory and salty paste made from leftover brewers' yeast extract! Yup, a beer byproduct with some veggies and spices. It's sort of a kissin' cousin to New Zealander's Marmite.

Most of the Australians I've met simply slather some on toast and munch away. If they've migrated to the states it seems to be something they miss terribly!

BTW, Vegemite is a product of Kraft Foods though I've never seen their logo on a jar here in the states.

So, there you have it. If you're feeling adventuresome you can usually grab a jar of it at Cost Plus Imports, which is one of my favorite places to find unusual foods and ingredients!!!
(Photo Courtesy of TristanB via wikipedia commons)

Buy Great Gifts and Fun Products Specifically for Foodies at The DIVA of TINY FOODS Shoppe!

1 comment:

  1. G'day Popartdiva-
    Thought I'd go the extra mile mate and share the traditional tune which accompnaies our favourite spread:All aussies, take it from the top!

    "We're happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be,
    We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast lunch and tea
    Our mothers say we're growing stronger every single week,
    Because we LOVE our Vegemite
    We all ADORE our Vegemite
    It puts a rose in every cheek!"

    And for those of you who know the classic Men At Work song,
    I said "Do you speak my language?"
    And he just smiled, and gave me a Vegemite sandwich! :)

    Yes, I am proud of this product, I LOVE it on toast and SAO biscuits!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.