20130628

PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE in CHOCOLATE CUPS


 PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE
In Dark Chocolate Cups
with Strawberry Blackberry Coulis

PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE:

4 Oz. Whipped Cream Cheese
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (don't use natural peanut butters as they are not homogenized and will separate.)
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
Splash or so of Half & Half
  • With a hand mixer blend together the cream cheese, peanut butter and the powdered sugar until smooth.
  • Slowly add in the half & half until you get a consistency similar to soft ice cream.
  • Chill until ready to serve.

CHOCOLATE CUPS:

Small party balloons
16 Oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

  • Blow up the balloons until they're the size of cup you want.  Mine were about an 1-1/2" across.
  • Melt your chocolate in a double boiler (I don't like microwaves for melting large amounts of chocolate).
  • Dip your balloons into the melted chocolate part way - you can get fancy and do a tulip shape like the video below if you want.
  • Chill the cups in the refrigerator.
  • Dip again for a stronger, less fragile cup.
  • Chill until ready to assemble your dessert.
Here's a great video showing you how to create the chocolate cups - I forgot to take pictures, lol:


TIP: After I blew up my balloons I SPRAYED THEM LIGHTLY with Pam - made mine SO much easier to remove the balloon without breaking my chocolate cups!!


ASSEMBLING and PLATING
THE PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE CUPS

1/2 C. Extra Peanut Butter
Chocolate Syrup
Chocolate Shavings
Optional: Berry or Fruit Coulis
1/2 C. Whipped Cream
  • Put your peanut butter mousse into a piping bag (or a plastic bag with a 1/2" hole cut out of one corner).
  • Pipe the mousse into your chocolate cups.
  • I added some berry coulis around my peanut butter mousse to make these a PB& J style flavor.
  • Top off with some shaved chocolate curls.
  • Microwave 1/2 cup of peanut butter for about 20 seconds.
  • Take a pastry brush, dip in the brush in the peanut butter then paint a streak across your plate.
  • Squiggle on some of the chocolate syrup in a decorative pattern.
  • Drop some of the chocolate shavings on your plate.
  • Spoon on a little extra of the fruit coulis.
  • Add a dollop of whipped cream.
  • Serve and enjoy!
I have been really jonesing for peanut butter and chocolate this week - check out my Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
 

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.