LEMON APRICOT SCONES
Made with Bisquick - Easy & Delicious
1 C. Bisquick (Heart Smart is okay!)
2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1/2 C. Dried Apricots, Soaked and Chopped
1-1/2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
1/4 Tsp. Fresh Ground Nutmeg
2 Tsp. Lemon Zest
1/4 Tsp. Vanilla
1/3 C. Half & Half (or Milk)
1/4 C. Apple Juice (or water or apricot brandy)
- Pour some apple juice, water (or even some apricot brandy!) over the dried apricots. Cover with plastic wrap and warm this in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just long enough to warm the liquid. This will speed up the re-hydration of the apricots. Allow to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the Bisquick, sugar and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Break the butter into small pieces, then cut this into the Bisquick mixture until you get something that looks like crumbs.
- Stir in the vanilla, half & half, apricots and lemon zest until moistened.
- Drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or simply an ungreased baking sheet) using a 1/4 measuring cup as a scoop.
- Bake 10 minutes or until GBD (Golden Brown Delicious).
Serve with fresh butter or, better yet, clotted cream and some apricot preserves and one of my yummy TEA or COFFEE MARTINIS!
Friend me on Facebook