Turning a Salad into a Tidbit!
I love Caprese Salads with their lovely fresh tomatoes, basil and all that nice creamy cheese. But you know me, I had to turn it into a TINY food! So I took it off the salad plate, supercharged it with heirloom tomatoes and goat cheese then plopped it onto a nice little piece of toasted baguette!
Mini Heirloom Tomatoes
Goat Cheese, Crumbled
Fresh Basil, Chiffonade
EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Toasted Baguette Slices
- Break down a bulb of garlic, clean the cloves. Coat cloves in olive oil, season liberally with salt and roast in a 400 degree oven until caramelized and tender.
- Toast your baguette slices under the broiler until golden brown.
- Remove the baguette slices and spread a little of roasted garlic on top. Save the rest of the garlic for other recipes.
- Spoon some crumbed goat cheese on the baguette slices.
- Top the cheese with several slices of mini heirloom tomatoes.
- Layer on some of the basil chiffonade.
- Drizzle with EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar.
BTW, if you like, you can toast the brushcettas again after you've added the cheese or after you've added the tomatoes.
Serve up with my Caprese Martinis!
Friend me on Facebook