20130318

MINI REUBEN SANDWICHES


 MINI REUBEN SANDWICHES

I always have a ton of corned beef leftover from my St. Patrick's Day meal.  I love corned beef sandwiches so that's okay by me, but I thought that corned beef sandwich idea could take a little leap into appetizer territory so:
MINI REUBEN SANDWICHES

INGREDIENTS
4 Slices of Rye Bread, Toasted on One Side
1/2 Pound of Corned Beef, Sliced Thin
4 Slices of Swiss Cheese, Sliced into Quarters Lengthwise
1/2 C. of Sweet & Sour Beet Cabbage* (Recipe Below)
Mustard(s) of Your Choice
16 Sprigs of Chive

TOOLS
Knife

DIRECTIONS
Toast your rye bread on one side then slice in quarters lengthwise.
Spread the un-toasted side with a bit of the mustard.
Layer on a nice amount of sliced corned beef.
Top the beef with a slice of the Swiss cheese.
Place under your broiler until the cheese is melted.
Plate up then add a small spoonful of the Sweet & Sour Beet Cabbage.
Garnish with a sprig of chive and serve.

 Pair these up with my POTATO LEEK SOUP made with the corned beef stock for a yummy appetizer or meal combo!

*SWEET & SOUR BEET CABBAGE
INGREDIENTS
1 Head of Cabbage, Shredded
1 Red Onion, Julienned
1/2 Can Pickled Beets, Juice Drained, Beets Julienned
1/2 C. Sugar
Juice from Pickled Beets + Water to Equal 1 Cup
1/2 C. Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 C. Red Wine Vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt

TOOLS

Saute Pan
Knife
Wooden Spoon
Measuring Cups

DIRECTIONS
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large saute pan/skillet.
Saute the onions for a few minutes on high.
Add the shredded cabbage, salt generously.
Add the beet juice/water. sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and cook until the cabbage is tender.
Season to taste.


Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.