20130314

GREEN TAMALES with CHERRY SALSA


GREEN TAMALES
with
CHERRY (Pepper) SALSA

 OK, I admit it, I don't always cook everything I eat from scratch.  I'm an illustrator/graphic designer by trade and I run 2 websites, 3 blogs and 3 online shops all by my lonesome so I pretty much work at everything but food most of the time.  A lot of that time is taken up by creating cocktails and the recipe cards to go with them.  One of the reasons I got into a food blog was to get creative with the munchies I had with those martinis!

With that little explanation aside, I confess to having a few things in my freezer that I can just pull out and zap at the end of a very long day.  I don't do frozen box dinners - too much salt, too much sauce, too little flavor and not enough food, but I do have a few favorites that are fairly healthy and pretty decent tasting.

One of those favorites are the frozen Green Tamales I get at Trader Joes.  They're pretty good for something I can stick in the microwave and you can dress them up with just a good salsa and some salad or some micro greens if you're going for an appetizer serving.

That's exactly what I did here.  I had a nice jar of Cherry Salsa from Benjamin Twiggs, which has a good share of heat from the peppers, and some micro greens so I made myself a nice snack for my happy hour dinner!

STEPS
Reheat the Green Tamales according to the package.
Spoon some cherry salsa (or whatever flavor you like) onto your plate.
Place the hot tamale (lol, pun!!!) on the salsa.
Top the tamale with some shredded cheddar cheese.
Place a good pinch of micro greens on top.
 
Enjoy with my Cherry Margarita-Tina.


Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.