20090506

CRAB MOUSSE - A Timeless Crab Classic Recipe

I've had this Crab Mousse recipe for years, so long in fact that the writing on the recipe card is fading! I can't even remember where I got the recipe. it's been nearly 40 years since I first made it for a party and I've made it for every party I've ever had since.

It's simply a savory gelatin crab salad mold made with mushrooms soup, some cream cheese, mayonnaise, celery, green onions, seasonings and, of course, crab. You can also substitute shrimp for the crab and tomato soup for the mushroom - or so I've heard, I've never tried that version because I love the crab one.

I think this one's been around to categorize it as a classic - maybe even comfort party food but people still love it. It's always the first dish at my parties that disappears. Try it out at your next party served with some great crackers or toasted french bread slices.

Follow me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Yet again I love this, I think my aunt makes a version of this that is always the favorite at gatherings. It has the addition of bay shrimp.I hope your weather is better and you were able to start your garden. Check out the project we just did on MD, in the garden. Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabrielle - yes, as I said I've heard of that version but I've never tried it myself since I love the crab version so much.

    Thanks for stopping by - I'm heading over to check out your garden project now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will try this at home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wholesale - you'll love it - especially if you like crab!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.