20101026

HALLOWEEN PARTY FOODS - Bloody Skull Spread


BLOODY SKULL SPREAD

This is a simple cream cheese appetizer that has gone over to the dark side for Halloween. Taking the idea of pouring your favorite salsa over some cream cheese for a quick snack I've simply dressed it in a Halloween costume of a molded cream cheese skull surrounded by a bloody pool of salsa. I don't pour it over the skull because I don't want the salsa to hide the skull shape.

You can use a full skull mold or several individual skulls if you prefer. I found my Skull Cake Pan at Wilton, it's actually for a 3-d cake so I only used the front side. You can get Smaller Skull Cupcake Molds on Amazon.

Be sure to stop by every day until Halloween for a new Halloween Appetizer! The previously posted Halloween party food links are below.

A COUPLE OF HALLOWEEN FACTS:
  • Ancient Celts thought ghosts roamed the countryside on All Hallow's Eve wearing masks so they wouldn't appear human.
  • Bobbing for apples originated from the roman harvest festival that honors Pamona, the goddess of fruit trees.

DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR
HALLOWEEN MARTINIS & COCKTAILS

at The Martini Diva!


 

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.