20091123

THANKSGIVING DINNER FUN - Cherry Sauce NOT Cranberry?


I don't like cranberries. Sorry, can't help it, they just don't do a thing for me. Our family Thanksgiving dinner ALWAYS included a bowl of that awful canned cranberry jelly - my mother loved the stuff and it was a tradition in our house. It just wasn't a holiday dinner without that wiggly cylinder of tart, red glop.

When I started to roast my first turkey breasts (I don't like dark meat much so this is my first year of roasting a whole turkey!) I replaced the cranberry sauce with this dried cherry sauce. Okay, had Mom still been with me I would have also served her cranberry jelly - and let her take the leftovers home in a Tupperware container!

This cherry sauce is wonderful on pork, duck and chicken too and it's a really nice change from the standard cranberry garnish. Try it out, serve it as well as the cranberry if you must, but give it a whirl this year! And yes, you can substitute dried cranberries for the dried cherries - just don't tell me you did it, lol.

By the way - wish me luck with my first full Turkey - I'm using Alton Brown's recipe which has you brine the turkey ahead of time - I am NOT putting in the ginger. I will leave the ginger flavor for my Gingerbread Martinis that I'm posting to The Martini Diva this week.

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook


My Favorite Tiny Food Recipes at PopArtDiva.Com
All my recipes for food and drink at the PopArtDiva Bistro
Buy Great Products at The DIVA of TINY FOODS Shoppe!

2 comments:

  1. OMG that sounds so delicious! We aren't huge fans of the dreaded canned shape cranberry gel stuff either..one year we went with lingonberry sauce from IKEA *laughs* yes, IKEA! They have a little Swedish food section that has some cool treats to try - lingonberry sauce was one of them.... This year we are so going with your Cherry sauce! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divaeva - let me know how it goes over. . . btw, IKEA sells food? I didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.