20090206

OVEN ROASTED TRI TIP - Valentine's Day Menu Entree

Here is the entree in my ongoing Valentine's Day Menu recipe marathon. Check the past few days for the appetizer, soup and bread courses! Desserts are coming next week!!!

The entree course is a juicy beef roast featuring a tri tip cut. The tri tip is often an overlooked cut of beef and one of my favorites. It's flavorful and can be quite tender if cooked properly. The key to the whole process is to get the heat up high, especially in the first ten minutes or so, to seal in the juices and flavor. I find that marinating overnight also helps to tenderize the roast.

And always remember to let you meat "rest" - meat will continue to cook after you take it away from the heat source and resting allows for this plus it helps keep the moisture in. Here's one of the most thorough explanations of why you should rest your meat I've ever found.

I like my beef pretty simple usually, just a little rub of garlic and rosemary - though you can leave the garlic out of this recipe for Lovers if you choose! And the next recipe post will be for the lovely roasted red potatoes that complement this roast quite nicely.

Don't forget, The Martini Diva is posting special Valentine's Day Martinis until the 14th of February.

THERE'S STILL TIME TO SEND YOUR SWEETIE A VALENTINE YOU MADE WITH LOVE!
Print Your Own Valentines for Less - Right now at home!

CONVERSATION HEARTS VALENTINE CARD
POP ART LOVE VALENTINE CARD

If you have a Tiny Food question, please feel free to ask me in a comment and I'll respond back here in the comments section or in a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.