HOMEMADE KETTLE CORN
for Caramel Popcorn Day!
I love caramel popcorn but it's such a pain to make so when I get a craving I make this Homemade Kettle Corn instead! Kettle Corn is that great sweet and salty popcorn that you find at county fairs all over the country that's sold for as much as $5 for a small bag.
I love the stuff and I found a way to make it at home for a fraction of the cost! Plus it's as easy as making regular popcorn if you do it right!
1/4 C. Coconut Oil
1/2 C. Popcorn Kernels
1/3 C. Sugar
Salt to Taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a large lidded pot over medium-high heat.
- Drop in 3 kernels of corn, when they pop you oil is ready.
- Remove the 3 kernels of test corn.
- Add the sugar and the popcorn kernels and give the pot a quick stir then cover.
- Shake the pot every few seconds until the popping slows down, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately pour the Kettle Corn into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
To aid in cleaning your pot, fill the pot completely with water and let this set to dissolve any leftover caramelized sugar. By the time you finish your popcorn you should be able to easily clean the pot with soap and water!
Enjoy & Happy Caramel Popcorn Day!
Friend me on Facebook