20130222

BAKED SALMON with Blueberry Salsa & SALMON SPREAD


BAKED SALMON with BLUEBERRY SALSA
served with MOROCCAN RICE
and SALMON SPREAD from the Leftover Salmon!

INGREDIENTS
2 Fresh Salmon Fillets
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon of Grated Fresh Ginger
1/2 C. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Bunch of Chopped Cilantro
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
Sea Salt & Black Pepper to Taste

DIRECTIONS
Combine all the ingredients in a zip-lock bag, shake well to combine the ingredients
Add your salmon fillets and allow this to marinate for a minimum of 3 hours.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on how you like your salmon).

Top with Blueberry Salsa and serve with Moroccan Rice!

Are those Aliens on my plate?? Yes, they are!! I know it's a busy plate design but these just cracked me up so I bought some.  Then I did an Outer Space Tablescape:
ET did not phone home, he ate and it turned on his heart light......Bwaha!

How to turn this recipe into a Tiny Food?
SMOKED SALMON SPREAD 
from the leftovers salmon!:

INGREDIENTS
6 Oz. Baked or Smoked Salmon*
1 - 8 Oz. Container of Whipped Cream Cheese
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp. Lemon Zest
2 Tsp. Dill Weed
Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Sweet Basil
1/2 Tsp. Prepared Horseradish
Smoked Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Mix this all together in a small bowl, chill for a few hours to allow the flavors to mingle then enjoy on toasted baguette slices, crackers, toasted flour tortilla triangles or as a dipping sauce for veggies!

*Since I didn't have smoked salmon I added a nice pinch of Smoked Alderwood Sea Salt!

And did I say paired with a Dill Pickle Vodka Shot???? YES! I did!! Naked Jay Vodka makes a truly wonderful dill pickle infused vodka that rocks the casbah with this Smoked Salmon Spread!!

BTW, Here's yet ANOTHER great, easy recipe for leftover salmon:
BAKED SALMON CUPCAKES

Bon Appetweeto!


Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.