- Bake your cake as instructed on the box and allow this to cool completely.
- If you're adding a liqueur drizzle this over the cooled cake and allow to soak in for half an hour. (Drop the amount of frosting down to one tablespoon if adding liquor or leave out entirely!)
- Once the cake is cooled, crumble it up loosely, stir in 2 tablespoons of the butter cream frosting and mix together until the mixture forms a nice ball in your hand. Don't squish the ball too hard, just roll it until it holds the form.
- If you're making cake POPS instead of truffles it's at this point that you will dip your lollipop stick in some frosting then poke into the ball halfway.
- Place the balls individually on a sheet pan and place them all in the freezer for an hour.
- Melt your semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave or double boiler until completely melted, smooth & creamy.
- Dip each cake ball completely into the melted chocolate. For the cake truffles I used 2 forks and let them drip through until the dripping stopped. For cake pops just tap the stick on the side of the bowl until the dripping stops.
- If you plan to dip your truffle/pop into nuts or candies, do so now.
- Set these on a parchment lined sheet pan and place in the fridge so the chocolate will set up quickly.
- Once the chocolate coating has set you can then melt the white chocolate, put this into a small baggie, clip off a small point on one corner & drizzle over the pops/truffles.
- When this final drizzle has set up you can bag your cake pops or place your cake truffles into small candy papers.
Friend me on Facebook