20120518

APPLE GALETTE RECIPE


 
GOOD GOLLY, IT'S A GALETTE!
THE EASY APPLE PIE
 
I'm not the world's greatest baker.  I don't have tons of time and I am one of those "pinch of this, dash of that" type cooks which is not the way to approach baking, a culinary art that relies heavily on exact measurements.  I do, however, like to eat baked goods - a lot - and I don't like store bought goodies so I am constantly looking for new ways to do home baked easy.
 
The advent of those rolled pastry sheets that you can buy were a blessing for me.  They're not perfect but they work great in a pinch and they are pretty good for making a very easy and fairly quick galette!

For this apple galette I simply peeled, cored and sliced 4 apples (I used Galas sliced about 1/8" thick, but you can use your favorite baking apple), arranged them in an even later on top of the pastry sheet leaving a good 2 inches uncovered to fold over the top of the apples, sprinkled them with sugar, folded the edge of the pastry over the apples, then baked at 400 for about 30 minutes.
 
You'll notice my apples aren't artfully arranged in a circular pattern and that my folds aren't perfectly pinched - I told you I like easy, didn't I?  I already peeled 3 apples and I was making this for myself, it tasted just as good with the apples all haphazard and a funky folded crust!

These pie crust sheets are a little thinner than a crust I would roll out so I took 5 minutes off my normal baking time for a home made crust.

Tip:  If you like you can glaze the top with apricot preserves for a glossy look and some additional flavor.
 
 



Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.