20130201

PICO DE GALLO with Four Cheese Quesidillas - GAME ON!

 
FRESH PICO DE GALLO
Served with Four Cheese Quesadillas
 
When it comes to salsas I am all for fresh.  I don't like bottled or canned versions much at all and I will opt for homemade Pico de Gallo the minute I have some fresh tomatoes and cilantro in the house.  I can make a meal out of fresh Pico de Gallo and some cheese and tortillas which is exactly what I did here and what I plan to do for Superbowl Sunday!

Both my recipes are simple and require only a little time and effort, something that is dear to my heart as I am basically lazy!  When I do have some time off I don't like to spend it slaving away in the kitchen!
 
Both these recipes will serve between 4 and 5 people:

PICO DE GALLO
5 Beefsteak or Roma Tomatoes, Diced to 1/2"
1 Red Onion, Diced to 1/4"
1 Cucumber, Seeded and Diced to 1/4"
1/2 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro, Chopped Medium
3 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
1 Can of Diced Chili Peppers*
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Few Sprigs of Cilantro for Garnish

Mix this all up in a bowl and chill until game time!
 
 
 
FOUR CHEESE QUESADILLAS
1 Pkg. (8) Large Flour Tortillas
2 Oz. Each of Monterey Jack, Sharp Cheddar, Queso Blanco and Asadero Cheeses
(Sargento makes a nice mix very similar to this called 4 Cheese Mexican!)
 
My Favorite Optional Add Ins:
Chipotle Chilies (you can find these packed in Adobo Sauce)
Chorizo, Cooked & Crumbled
Grilled or Roasted Chicken, Shredded
 
Special Tools: Large Skillet or Grill Pan

Place 4 of the tortillas down and sprinkle them liberally with the cheeses and whatever optional fillings you like. Top each of these off with another tortilla then stack in layers of paper towels and cover with a wax paper lined damp tea towel until ready to grill and serve.
 
When you're ready to serve place your quesadillas onto your skillet or grill and toast until the tortilla is lightly browned and the cheese is melted. (If you want to cheat or like a lighter char on your tortillas, you can microwave them first to get the cheese slightly melted.)  Remove from the heat, cut into 6 to 8 wedges each, add a little extra cheese to the top, serve with a nice helping of the Pico de Gallo and garnish with a cilantro sprig!
 
I like to add some Guacamole if I have the avocados and I set out bottles of all sorts of hot sauces for those who like a little extra heat.

Serve these up with my GAZPACHO MARTINIS or some of my BEER MARGARITAS and put your game face on for Superbowl Sunday!
 

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Pinterest Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Do you like my recipes and my recipe cards? Let me know here - The Diva of Tiny Foods wants to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Are My Recipe Cards Free to Download? Yes, please do - save them all, print them out and keep them or wrap them with a pretty ribbon and use as a gift! However, please do not use them on your blog, website or for any commercial purpose.

All postings and original art by PopArtDiva.com, copyright 2000-2019. This blog is for entertainment only. All links provided are for the convenience and amusement of the blog visitor only and not to be construed as endorsements of any form. Sharing recipes of my favorite foods and snacks.